Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lincoln LS

I bought a 2000 LS V8 Sport with 64,000 miles.. I now have 79k miles. Since then I have had the following issues:

1. Total Climate Control Module Failure: $850
2. Heated Seats: Crazy. Burn my butt sometimes othert timers don't work at all. Never looked into having them fixed.
3. Crazy engine/trans issue. Both check engine and trans light would come on periodically while excellerating at which time the car was puking. Answer: Dealership said 7 of 8 "coils" bad. Wanted $700 to replace them all. Upon further conversations and computer record reviews, they determined 3 of the 8 coils were actually mis firing. Had those three replaced 2 weeks ago for $400. Seems to be O.K. now, but I am leary that it isn't as smooth as it used to be. Not sure if that is perception or reality. Dealership coil tester apparently reads either good or bad under stress testing. Apparently 7 of mine were reading bad. What a fricken joke. Give me a good ole distributer........
4. Rear Brake Caliper needed to be replaced due to malfunction that burned through pad and router. Thus total brake job for $350 including caliper.
5. Damn car locks the doors randomly. No rhyme or reason. This is not user error. This is a car electrical issue. Thus after being locked out of the car twice at gas stations, I no longer EVER leave the keys in the car.
6. Leaky valve gaskets. $400 to fix. Leaving it alone.
7. Leaky headlights. Leaving it alone.
8. Random beeps peridoically while driving God knows from what. Beeps once then nothing. No idea.
9. Blows cold while idling. Dealer now says "thermostat" and is happy to replace the $13 part for $400 of labor.

Probably several other items I have forgotten at the moment that irk me.

So lets see other than not having any type of climate control in the cabin, the fact that I don't trust the engine & transmission, and with half of the lousy "luxary" items non working I don't see any reason why anyone would buy this car ever........... Especially with a 40k plus price tag. Who are they kidding? But hey I could continue to spend $500 a month in repairs/maintenance to the local dealership or I can throw this thing away and put a turnequte on to stop the hemmorenging.

Plus side. Car is dang fast and has nice radio. Oops forgot to mention that when I use the up/down volume controls on the steering wheel it will often times randomly change the station to the next preset...

No comments:

Post a Comment